Thursday, January 6, 2011

Drawing A Day 6

I've never been one to draw within the coloring book lines, but using a free hand technique to make the lines and then the fill color is fun and gives this stained glass effect. The naked tree branches flowing off the path, the winter grays create a surprisingly chilly feeling. 
Today I will close a sculpture exhibition at the Gallery at Iona, where I curate and direct cultural events. The sculptor, Marilee Shapiro, 98 years young, will be lecturing today for a life long learning program. I look forward to hearing her speak about being an artist for almost a century. You can see a sample of her work on the Iona.org website. Yesterday, I closed the photography exhibition; over 70 pieces ranging from crashing water on Great Falls to fall cherry blossom scenes on the Potomac River. I will miss Lee Goodwin's photo's, too. Closing shows is so bitter sweet. Each artist in residence becomes part of the Iona family and after four months of enjoying their artwork, it's tough to see it go. But next week two new artists work will be installed and the love fest will go on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home